Thread: Uniondale
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 02:36 PM

STEVIE NICKS: “A FINAL STOP ON THE 24K GOLD NORTH AMERICAN TOUR” (Part 2)

“Pale shadow of a woman”
The crowd goes wild for “Gold Dust Woman.” Nicks explains that the character “takes ahold of where she wants to go and it doesn’t have a lot to do with me anymore, it’s a desperate picture.”

“My purple guardian angel”
Nicks shares the story of “Stand Back” and talks about her relationship with Prince. “For me he is not gone and he will never be gone, because of the song we wrote together.”

“The joy of singing”
Sharon Celani and Marilyn “Minnie” Martin join Nicks in singing “If You Were My Love.” “Today with these girls singing this song is like why we do this… It’s just for the joy of singing”

“This is for me”
“I don’t care if anybody buys my records or not, this is for me now. At my age, I am writing for me and I am having a wonderful time writing songs for my own personal love of just sitting at the piano and creating something. Even if just a few of you love it, that is all I need.”

“This is for you”
Nicks closes out the tour by introducing her last encore “Landslide.” Written in Aspen in 1973, she said this song took them to the top. Tonight, she dedicates it to the audience and the audience returns the gesture by having the loudest sing along I have heard.

“It has been just spectacular”
The audience listens as Nicks explains that this tour was a big risk for her. She goes on to say it has been like being in a big living room where you’re just hanging out and playing music with your friends. “I can’t even tell you how much it means to me, it means the world, it’s what I do… It’s all I do. My whole life is right here on this stage.”

http://inspirer.life/home/2017/04/st...american-tour/

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-08-2017 at 02:38 PM..