View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The only other recordings I have of her is the CD she did with Billy Burnette, in the late 90s. These days (to the best of my knowledge), she mainly makes her living as a backup singer, for the likes of Vince Gill, John Oates, etc... A couple years ago, she had a band together that played every Wednesday in Nashville, at B.B. Kings club. I went and saw them a couple of times, and was blown away! Her range is amazing! It's really a shame that that lineup of FM wasn't given more of a chance to shine.
Thanks. It's a pity that she hasn't, it seems, had the material to showcase her performing talent. (I'm really not a fan of "Time", sorry everyone.)

I'm listening to Bekka Bramlett's 2009 album "I Got News For You" on Spotify now. I'll see what I think.

EDIT: Bekka performs very well on the album. The production, arrangements, and songwriting are very professional and polished, but there is nothing on the album that really stands out. It's all very derivative. In my opinion it backs up my surmise that she hasn't had the material to match her ability to perform.

Last edited by Ench; 03-20-2017 at 10:58 AM..