View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Love is Dangerous actually was the 3rd single released from BTM. Although you would not know it because it did not get much airplay. Does anyone remember the countdown show comedian Louie Anderson had in 1990? I was surprised to learn when it appeared on the countdown show. Skies the Limit did not get much airplay either except on adult contemporary channels. Top 40 radio almost appeared to blacklist Fleetwood Mac with the new members. As Long As You Follow is a great song but did not even crack the top 40. Save me barely cracked the top 40 and other singles were dead in the water.
Having said that, this is why I think BTM is actually a better album than Tango. Its not really Top 40 single friendly. Its a group effort without embracing the slick music technology of its time.
It lacked, well.....Lindsey!

It's a decent album, but the cream didn't rise quite to the top. And they were getting long in the tooth. Even though I listened to BTM quite a bit, I too had drifted from my FM fandom. I was in college, and FM definitely wasn't cool. I remember mentioning them to people in the audio tech(recording studio) program, and I got eye rolls. I learned to never mention them again. I was supposed to mention hip people, not people that needed new hips!