View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
to add to tons of conspiracies going around right?

frankly, this one belongs in threads about the firing, not about the possible heart attack and emergency open heart. maybe go on with it in those?
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have tacked the conspiracy on to my post about his surgery. Bad form. But like you said, there are a ton of conspiracies on here as well as speculation on why he had this event at this time.
Food for thought maybe; years ago I was pregnant with my 3rd baby and was also going to college (did everything backwards). I had a PE class called "fit for life" that was taught by a former marine. Super ripped, vegetarian (it was the early 80's) and he talked about how he lost both parents to heart disease and that's why he took such good care of himself. He'd berate me for the amount of weight I'd gained and make me walk the outside track with other "heavy people" while he trained the rest of the class inside the gym. About 3 weeks into the class, I was walking back to the gym after waddling around the track and out comes a student with blood all over his face, screaming for help. Apparently the teacher had suffered a fatal heart attack in the gym in front of the class and this kid tried to give him CPR, but because the guy fell forward, he broke his nose and was bleeding all over. I lived in California at the time and we all had to get counseling for it.
My point is that when you have heart disease in your family, more than likely you are a ticking time bomb. No one can say if stress played a part, or if it would have happened anyway. I'm just very happy he made it to the hospital in time.
If you have stuff that runs in your family, especially diseases that cause early death, go get checked out and be very thorough in what you tell the Doc (not all the people who ask a ton of questions before the Doc comes in.)
Sorry for the book.