View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Horizon View Post
The only other couple of other times I saw Peter play his 6 string Fender Bass other than on GM, was when he took to the stage at the Angel Hotel (Gin Mill Club) in Godalming, Surrey, for the live recording of Duster Bennet's 'Bright Lights ...' album in April 1969, where he played on the title track and one other track ( can't remember which one right at this moment). I seem to recall that Mick was in attendance together with Jenny B and Sandra E and they stood right in front of me and my friends. Everyone had a ball that night....brilliant gig!
The other time was at the Lyceum Ballroom in London when FM did a gig with guests which went on till the early hours of the morning. Nick Picket (a violin player) played a spot with Peter, Danny and Mick as his backing band. Peter played bass using his Fender 6 string during this spot. After FM had played for a good couple of hours,Nick Picket together with Glen Cornick and Clive Bunker from Jethro Tull, + Danny and Peter
had a Jam session that went on for another hour or so. It is a real pity that no recordings have ever surfaced ( to my knowledge ) of that show as Peter was at the top of his game that night and he set the place on fire with his guitar and bass playing.

Blue Horizon
Thanks Blue Horizon for a lot of interesting details.
You are a lucky man you had seen Peter's gigs at his best so many times !!!

Greetings
Krzysztof