View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeline View Post
I thought I had heard Stevie claim many times that they took the chorus for The Chain out of one of her songs that she had written. Now Ken is saying it was a Christine song. And that Lindsey rewrote the chorus. What is the actual truth on that? Does anyone else remember Stevie saying that?
I think he's saying musically, it began as a Chris song, and that musically, Lindsey rewrote the chorus.

In what little recording evidence we have regarding the chain, it seems (to me anyway, I might be wrong, someone correct me if so) that they just kind of started jamming, and there wasn't really words, they were just kind of saying nonsense... then Lindsey came up with the 'listen to the wind blowwwww.'

I think what happened was that a majority of the lyrics were taken from something Stevie had written. I feel like there may have been a quote from one of them about that, but I'm not sure. Stevie has definitely mentioned before that The Chain was 'her song' - I think even as recently as one of the signings in the past year, to a fan?