View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I . . . think I know what you mean, Chris.

Have we decided what's live & what's Memorex in this thing? I think they're all singing live, but what about the instruments? I don't think Chris is playing either piano or organ/pad. Those are prerecorded. What about the guitar & bass? Drums? Christine referred a few times to laying down tracks for DON'T STOP at the time. I have a hunch they put down the basic tracks in a studio for this very important appearance.
Lindseys' guitar part sounds a bit high. And I don't know why Chris's keyboard isn't prominent enough IMO. That may have been the way it was mixed for our now archaic televisions back in the day. The vocals sound live and fine. But the mix really wasn't what I was talking about. It was how even though many feel that was one of Stevie's low points, she still looked beautiful and had that sparkle in her eye when she turned to look at Lindsey to sing the "I never meant any harm to you" part. It also makes me love and miss Chris tremendously. I love that John McVie incoporated a baseball cap into his formal wear. Lindsey's genuine smile was a thing to behold. And there's one thing that I'm pretty sure wasn't laid down in a studio for this performance: the ever solid bass and drums of Fleetwood/McVie. The band kept playing with such grace as the stage got ever more crowded. It has taken me all these years to really appreciate the clip. One day, some of us are going to be sitting here talking about them... I can't even type the words.
Also and unrelated, damn with the passage of time my seeming inablity to give the apostrophe it's proper home. I'm too old and lazy I guess. Sigh.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 06-27-2009 at 11:29 PM..