View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I’m really sorry to use your somewhat underwhelming experience to prove a point but it proves it better then anything else yet.

This tour is not the the Stevie Nicks show, it is truly a FLEETWOOD MAC show that highlights the great FIFTY year career and incredible accomplishments of both Mick and John and the many who helped along the way and have been largely ignored the past 40 years.

Stevie is singing lead a mere FIVE Stevie Nicks written songs and only four of those are hits. Clearly Gypsy is an option and would for sure gain more applause no matter how badly it is performed.

Stevie is instead using her star power to highlight the rest of the band, both past members and new ones. Above all elese. the greatest thing she’s done is take th lead on Black Magic Woman and hammer home that it is a Fleetwood Mac song written by a Peter Green, so the morons in the arena don’t consider it a Santana Cover. (And apparently Stevie herself is grouped in with those morons? )

She’s also basically taken co-lead on I Got You, which essentially has turned the song into a new Fleetwood Mac song as far as someone like me is concearned since I had never heard the song before Wednesday.

Free Fallin is a tribute to Tom which I could see people thinking that makes this more of the Stevie show but I don’t agree. I find it purely a tribute to Tom and how important he was Stevie and the new lead guitarist in the band.

And then the touching closing song is a duet between Stevie and Christine, which granted is a former Christine solo lead vocal so turning it into a duet could be a point for the Stevie show but I look at it as another way Stevie is using her star power to elevate a very obscure Christine song.

And I’ve felt all this before your review, but this is a perfect example of the true reality of this tour.
Agree. If anyone is standing at this show, it’s actually Christine.