View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
“It was a really bad time,” admits Christine McVie
From the start, I assumed that this was entirely just Stevie refusing to be in the band with LB and everyone else reluctantly giving her what she wanted. Like I’ve always thought the rest of the band liked Lindsey and never would’ve gone along with this if they weren’t backed into a corner by Stevie. Even then, it’s surprising to me that they’d be able to go through with it if they had any love for LB at all.

But Chris and Mick now constantly talking about how unhappy they were and what a “bad time” it was has me wondering if maybe there was more to it. They could easily refuse to talk about the subject, keep it out of interviews like Stevie’s been doing, or just give vague “It’s a difficult situation and this was all we could do to continue touring” answers. That’s what they would be doing if they truly liked LB, wanted him in the band, and agreed to this under duress. But instead, they’re flat out saying things that make him look bad. Like that they were all unhappy and that it was a bad time. That’s not the behavior of innocent bystanders who didn’t want this to happen. It’s becoming more apparent to me that perhaps they aren’t completely full of sh*t and maybe there was something LB was doing that had multiple band mates annoyed - or at least just not loving him enough to fight for him. Idk, just a thought.