View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Here here. One of the great fighters and patriarchs of the working class people sadly lost. I honed my fighting for a cause streak by listening to his music. He was a rarity the likes of which it is doubtful we would ever see again. It's too bad that I missed out on the era I was meant to live through and missed out on being involved in the scene. Darn....I should have been part of Warhol's celebrity artist collection
Sounds like we are cut from the same cloth, Silver Springs! I have been told over and over again by SO many people who know me, that I was born at the wrong time and that I should have come of age in the 60s. I love the music, the art, the causes, the clothes, etc. I visited San Fransisco for a week on vacation, and I certainly felt at home there. I did the whole Haight/Ashbury thing, saw a show at the Fillmore, went to Golden Gate Park and the Panhandle, went to all the places that the rock band hung out and lived, etc. It was really awesome. I wish I could have lived it back then about circa 1965-1966.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin