View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I loved 24K Gold. Thought it was one of her best solo albums ever, however, I don't really like her anymore. She keeps belittling her own band and building other bands like the Heartbreakers up. She is always blaming her failures on Lindsey and yet, he made her a star. She is spoiled and self centered. She won't record with Fleetwood Mac even though it would only be a month out of her life. Plus, she is just fake - all the fake praise for Glee, Twilight... she is not real, she is always conniving.

The big reason is though is I can't stand her belittling her band mates anymore. What kind of person is she? Certainly not trustworthy. She is coming to Columbus Ohio and I won't be there. She has pretty much lost me.
YES! ITA!
Aside from what you wrote, I got lost during IYD and still have to vent about it.
The cover alone, Stevie with a white horse, a cover from a young adult romance novel, I did not buy this **** for over a year, just because I don't want this kind of adolescent bull**** near me. But I listened to the album, I really WANTED to like it. She sings duets with Dave Stewart, who also produced - she must be deaf, probably a sideeffect from touring so much. There is no memorable tune at all. When a duet with Lindsey Buckingham is the only acceptable song on an album, I know it's a really bad album (I really don't care for Lindsey as a singer, but he is gold when DS comes in).
AND then the lyrics: Vampires, Twilight? It wasn't that she wasn't even trying, it looked like a bad-writing contest against herself, is she internally 15 or what?
What irks me now is the fact that for all her talk about money, she obviously had no idea who her target group/her fans are when she did IYD. Adoloscents don't buy a Stevie album, period. Noone else could stomach that one.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 03-17-2017 at 04:06 AM..