Thread: Rank Mirage
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Mirage, it came out in my last year in High School. Ranked in order of preference and quality to my ears:

1. Gypsy- best produced Stevie Nicks track of the era. I've heard a lot of casual fans give this a lot of love.
2. Hold Me- One of Christine McVie's best pop songs still sounds great almost 35 years later.
3. Straight Back- See where I'm going with this, Stevie and Christine steal the show on Mirage.
4. Love in Store- Great opener and almost as good as Hold Me.
5. That's Alright- Didn't know it was an older demo at the time, but loved the vocal and country tinges. It really works for Stevie and too bad they didn't explore this side of her writing a little more over the years.
6. Empire State- I like this groovy little song and think it's Lindsey's high point on the record.
7. Wish you were Here- Nice ballad and could have been a radio hit with a little editing- in the vein of Over My Head.
8. Eyes of the world- Nice little harmony.
9. Book of Love- A little too cliche for my tastes but not a bad song
10. Only Over You- to me one of Christine's weaker songs, but not bad by any means.
11. Can't go Back- Lindsey needed a really good song early in the record and this one falls a bit flat.
12. Oh Diane- Not that I don't like it, it just is not up to the quality of his earlier work.