View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the music was pretty much homogeneous in that transition, so when you listen to the albums by order of releasing you don't get too much of a difference between the previous one and the next one, in respect of the one you're listening to now, so the transition was never that hard, even though it is a totally different band between Dog And Dustbin and, Tango In The Night, for saying something.

I could also count Christine as my favorite pre-Rumours Fleetwood Mac member, as my favorite tunes from that era come right from her mind and voice. "Why", "Show Me A Smile", "Morning Rain" and the ones that always appear in these discussions are just big examples that her songwriting was (almost) always top class.

But if you want to make me pick up just one that was not in the Rumours album, I'd have to say that Danny Kirwan's guitar-playing and voice move me the most. Although you can't ignore Peter Green, so it would be a tie between those two, with Bob Welch coming close. I would have liked Bob Weston to stay a little longer with the band, I believe he had more things to collaborate, but we all know what happened there.

Song of the moment - Say You Will