View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I dont know what keyboard you have but there should be no problem hooking it up if you have the drivers. Tell me more about your keyboard.
I'm not really sure what I'm going to be doing with this laptop yet or how my keyboard will work with it... in terms of using it for recording or for MIDI, I don't know yet, probably both at some point. I've got a Yamaha DGX500 (go ahead and laugh but this baby has proved its worth) and all I know is that I have demos and nothing to record them on. I'm looking for a recording studio in a box.

There's another issue here - stability. I'm somewhat tech savvy, but I won't touch little green boards or gray wires and even .exe file extensions make me nervous. I have a static touch when it comes to computers (literally) so the easier it is to work and the more stable it is - the less it crashes, the less maintenance I have to remember to do, and the less I need to know about how the little niches in the OS works - the better. I think part of this is that it seems easy for a lot of people to use PC because they have common sense - you have to enable this to get this plug and play whatever to work, etc, a lot of the toggles and stuff that PCs have, I can't think of specific examples - and I have absolutely no common sense whatsoever so I've had a lot of bad luck with PCs and I think the common sense thing is the reason - my brain doesn't think like normal people's. I haven't worked on a Mac yet but hopefully I'll get the chance sometime soon at school... but part of me is kinda wanting a Mac because it's something different and maybe it'll be easier to use than a PC, I'm not sure. I guess I really need to get my hands on one to find out, but it helps to know what other people think and know as well... so thank you all for your advice. I'm listening, even though I'm a little partial. lol...

a bell is not a bell until you ring it.
a song is not a song until you sing it.
love wasn't put in your heart to stay.
love isn't love until you give it away.

when life hands you lemons, stick them down your bra and make your boobs bigger