View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I agree with your first paragraph, because I think one could argue of Lindsey being guilty of also wanting attention.

Anyway, the point I wanted to make was that as far as I know, we still don't know exactly what he did to make Stevie so furious. When Azoff called him and said, in his words, "You've done it now!", WHAT was it? The interviewer asked Lindsey if he knew what it was, and Lindsey claimed he didn't know. This alludes then, that Stevie went off the handle, for no reason whatsoever, and the rest of the band went along with that illogical thinking. I have a hard time believing that. He did SOMETHING. I hope to hear Stevie's side at some point.

I have not read every article, so if I'm missing something, please let me know.

Jamie
Jamie, Stevie was plotting it with Mick and Azoff etc. from some time in 2017 but they had to wait until MusiCares was finished to pull it off. That's the prevailing theory that makes most sense from the totality of all the information at hand, particularly since 2017 onward.

There was no "big wrong thing at MusiCares" that Lindsey did, as much as the occasional diehard Stevie defender may wish to fantasize there was. He smirked? Christine and Mick were waltzing!

And AncientQueen, Lindsey himself makes it clear in at least the Stereogum article that it was Stevie, not the rest of the band, who wanted him gone. I feel sorry for any diehard Stevie supporter who feels obligated by their loyalty to Stevie into inconceivably twisting all the existing information to make it appear otherwise.