View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know, about Christine, unless she just totally hates Lindsey's guts, what is her problem??

I mean, she's kind of bullet proof. What could Stevie have done to her if she didn't take Stevie's side? Stevie could refuse to tour, but let's be honest, Stevie wants the FM money as well. If she flounced off and refused to tour, she would only hold out another year and then she'd cave in and do another tour, even if she said she wouldn't. But refusing to tour is the only power Stevie has over Christine.

Stevie can't push Christine out of the band, because she'd look awful. What would that do to her public image, mistreating another woman who is a musician (unlike Stevie), who is responsible for some of the band's hookiest (if not deepest) tunes, who is older than Stevie and who is not widely thought to be as sexy. I mean, Christine looks great to me, but I mean the general public. Stevie would look like the "mean girl" and self-centered bully if she tried to get rid of Christine. So, Christine could basically curse Stevie out and say she would never agree to firing Lindsey. Stevie would have no recourse. Why couldn't Christine just stand up to her.

Christine used to tell people off all the time. Remember how Mick said that Stevie tried to throw a tantrum because she wasn't on Tango and Christine told her off and said the reason she wasn't on Tango was because she wasn't there? Christine made Stevie pipe down. She was like, "I'm sorry you're not on Tango. I wanted you on my Tango songs, but YOU WEREN'T HERE, SO SHUT UP." She had no problem treating Stevie like the little sister that you had to tell to be quiet.

I guess being away from the band for so long made her feel that she had to be humble and meek when she returned. She had to be grateful to them for letting her back, but FORGET that.

I think this is it, 100%. She feels "lucky" that they let her return, and I would be willing to bet that she feels like she lost her place in the pecking order when she left.

I do agree with you though........where is the woman who would have slapped Stevie silly, when Stevie started her temper tantrum to get rid of Lindsey?? It's just ridiculous that she hasn't spoken to Lindsey, that any of them, esp after the medical crisis, haven't reached out to him. It's beyond anything I could have ever expected. I thought these were decent people, well was I wrong. Lindsey seems to be the only one who has any sense and morals and kindness.

And for those who will say that he must have done something............no, he didn't, or we would have heard about it right away. The remaining band members (minus Neil and Mike-although Mike doesn't have a full pass from me yet) are horrible human beings. No matter how you look at this.