View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I say this fully aware that it's not really a fair thing to say, but I woke up this morning to a video in my Instagram feed of Stevie doing the "crack head dance" in Austin the previous night. I know they have tour dates scheduled and obligations to fulfill, which is why what I'm about to say is not fair, but man... it really disgusted me. They of course have to keep performing and I saw on Facebook that Neil and Mick made mention of Lindsey at different points in the show, but there was just something about her gyrating and whatnot that really bugged me. Maybe it's the fact that she's talked about that as if it's some sort of gift she's giving the audience... "I do it every night, and it breaks my back..." Oy.

I'm not saying any of this to throw another log on the anti-Stevie pyre... there's enough of that already. But as a longtime fan of this band and the people in it, I never thought I'd come to feel the way I do about them.
I feel the same way, it's like a mourning process over the people you thought a certain way about, and then they completely blindside you. Pure disappointment.

It's akin to having a really good friend do something horrible that you never thought in a million years they would do. And you are so shocked and disappointed and mortified and angry, that you feel so let down.

They may be human, and have faults, and I don't really know them, but common decency was one thing I thought they did have, and that seems to be not the case. And it seems to be "not the case" over and over and over, with no end in sight.