View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I think this pretty much sums it up. Their relationship to me seems like the kind that would spend lots of time arguing and bickering a lot, but they have this brother/sister bond that will never go away either. And given the present circumstances, 1. Chris would probably re-join full time and 2. Lindsey would welcome it with open arms.
I don't think they did spend a lot of time arguing though. We certainly don't have any comments to that effect. The fact that they had known each other such a short time when they wrote World Turning says a lot. Even Stevie didn't like it because she said she and Lindsey had never written a song together in all of those years. I'm sure Stevie and Lindsey DID fight and that's why they didn't write together, but she still was a little jealous that he could do it with someone else so easily.

While we've heard that Christine rebuked him for taunting Stevie on stage, no one says that they argued over the music. I think Christine and Lindsey give in to each other not because they knock heads but because they respect each other. When Christine gave that interview (I think it's the same one where she talked about her dog being lost and Curry was there) and said that you just listen to what the people in the band had to say and respect them, even when they're wrong, I think she was probably talking about Lindsey. She didn't agree with him all the time, but she gave in to him and he gave in to her just because of personal regard and respect. I think that's what Stevie means when she said Lindsey listened to Christine. She didn't browbeat him or vice versa. He listened to her just because he liked her.

When they talk about Tango and Chris discusses what they wrote together, they don't talk about a lot of conflict between themselves at all. In fact the fighting comes up when Stevie enters the equation. Remember that interview where Christine told the interviewer she'd give him 3 guesses as to why Lindsey left the band, referring to Stevie?
I don't think he argues a lot with Christine (or maybe he didn't but they did during SYW).

By contrast, I think he likes to argue with John and Stevie and doesn't tend to give in to them. As for Mick he seems like the one who gives Lindsey his way to keep the peace, but he's also the one who can get Lindsey to do things to. He is the convincer and gets everyone to do things, eventually.

Michele