View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Eat your words elle!!!
]
haha lalready did - did you see my post titled "correction" above yours? i completely thought Hawkeye was spoofing us, it's totally so out of Mick/Stevie character!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and....................... wonders never seize! at the 2nd Perth show, apparently local hero Finn now got to sing lead in almost half of the set - 10+ songs, vs 7 each Stevie and Chris. if Lindsey had so many more than Stevie, she would have given him a few more heart attacks before ever allowing something like that to actually happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Well this IS a surprise...apparently 'Man of the world' was last played in 1969!!!It sounds and looks good: vocals suit Neil and guitar is spot on. Haven't seen/heard 'Blue Letter ' yet.....again, surprised to see this in- but ,then again, they did it in 1987/88 with a new line up. I guess it's a 'safe' sort of song to do. Interesting that the two additions are Neil on vocals....possibly because of where they are on tour now.
completely agree with everything you said! and yeah just read that - first time since 1969! it would be so unbelievably cool - IF the last year didn't happen. now just makes me sad and i can't even listen to it. and it's a gorgeous gorgeous song.

as someone reminded us, Neil and Mike played it at Largo in LA but audience reaction was meh so Fakewoods never put it in the set. guess now in Neil territory Neil must have some pull and they put it in.

as you say Blue Letter is a safe song Lindsey-less versions of FM tend to perform - that one was last performed in 1990 apparently, so not much of a surprise there. but Man of the World, definitely a surprise, especially since it happened at the 2nd show of the leg. completely not Mick/Stevie's normal MO.

and yeah 10 songs Neil on lead or co-lead, 7 Stevie, and 7 Christine is definitely something Lindsey would never ever be allowed to do if he was in Neil's place! not to mention his own solo songs - or even better - BuckVie? can you imagine?? he would be raked over coals even more than he has been for years now. how dare he!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"