View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm sitting here enjoying my cup of coffee watching the local news - my morning ritual. And the story about Lindsey suing Fleetwood Mac came up. My local news in small town Missouri was talking about it - this is getting to be too much. I really don't have the energy to care anymore about this continued drama. So I think today I will kick back and listen to Lindsey's Anthology from front to back which I'm loving, and then listen to Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage and Tango in the Night. And yes I will buy the new Fleetwood Mac 50 Years Don't Stop compilation and listen to it repeatedly.

I fell in love with Fleetwood Mac on Christmas night in 1976 when my sister gave me the "Fleetwood Mac' album - I sat in my room with the album cover, headphones on, listening to this record over and over and just fell in love. One of my best Christmas presents.

This whole situation just really makes me sad. But in reality, this pales with all the other bigger issues going on in this crazy world.

So I will choose to focus on the music that this fantastic band created, knowing that I will never see the Five perform as a band again. And that's ok. It's only rock and roll - too bad Fleetwood Mac made it about so much more.
What a great post, Keith. I agree with everything you said except for two points- 1) I don't think I'll be buying the new compilation. But it's not out of protest or anything like that, it's just without either new material or outtakes, I don't feel the need and 2) I actually think that even with this lawsuit, there could still be a reunion someday. Hey, stranger things have happened. I'm not banking on it, but then again, I never would have thought FM would reunite back in 1996, and they not only reunited... they came back with a vengeance. So with these folks, anything is possible.

Also, the Go-Gos had a similar lawsuit when 4 of the members fired one of the members right before their farewell tour. She sued, it got ugly, they settled, and then a year later they reunited for a handful of tour dates. Money makes the world go round, it would seem, and as this lawsuit has revealed, FM and Lindsey are no different or better than anyone else when it comes to the almighty dollar