View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Well that's what I'm saying... Lindsey keeps saying he hopes to "rectify" this issue of the band only releasing records every 80 years... but they haven't done anything. I mean sure we've gotten solo records from Lindsey and I'm grateful for that. The whole "Unleashed" thing wreaked of insincerity but then... They're gonna sell tickets regardless, right? There's no sense in releasing another album like Say You Will, though... I'd just rather see Stevie and Lindsey remain prolific in their own way than see the band suffer by releasing another convoluted album.
I agree with everything you said... especially the last sentence. I do hold out hope that with a very good producer the band can make more good music, though. I think Lindsey's just a bit too manic and insecure to truly be the only cook in the kitchen. This band needs guidance; a shepherd, somebody who's not afraid to get into the trenches and keep everyone reigned in and egos in check. Somebody with a master plan. The magic of the first several Rumours era Mac albums was accomplished with outside producers, and that's what it'll take to get good, cohesive music from these folks again, IMO.