View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Yes it is great hearing him play that famous rhythm-tempo-whatever shift that closes Rattlesnake Shake off. It still has so much energy, and all you see is him sitting there like a zen-struck Buddha....amazing. I think this is where Mick Fleetwood used to get a bit lost, according to his biography.

Ms Moose
It was the tempo/time change that confused Mick Fleetwood. Yet you can tell by 2/70, the band was a well oiled machine that had this song down.

I've heard my fare share of "Lovelight's", "Dark Star's", "Mountain Jam's", and "Whipping Post's". This jam never bores me compared to the above. There's one "Dark Star" with a bossa nova jazz jam from Cleveland 10/31/71 that only comes close. It's a true shame that FM could've become the established British version of the "jam band". The only jam bands today I like come from the Allman Brothers influence (Gov't Mule, Widespread Panic, etc.). Phish has corrupted an entire generation with derivative nonsense. It's ashame that today there is no British jam band thread of influence to follow Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. Had the original +1 band lasted another year or so, I think rock history would be slightly changed, for the better.