View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm sorry about the loss of your sister. I'm sure that was devistating.

I bet having health insurance was a comfort for her, knowing she didn't have a high monetary price to keep herself alive, and knowing that her loved ones would not be stuck with the hassle of paying enormous amounts of money after her death.

I'm sorry I had to use your sister as an example.

Here in Massachusetts we have Universal Health Care. I never had health insurance until this was implemented and being able to utilize it has greatly improved my overall health because I can now practice peventive health care without worrying about cost. Cost alone, was enough to keep me from getting some of the help I needed.
Well, she was sick off and on just coughing and not feeling well and 3 weeks later, passed away. No one knew she had cancer.

And where the hell did people get the idea we were not for health care reform damn it!
I think everyone wants reform, it was just done in such a half assed backwards way. I want reform, but want it done right! Do you know they are voting on 'fixes" to the Senate bill on the Senate portion that was passed?

There is no such thing as free health care, even at reduced rates to you and I, someone is paying for it.

Now, I am going to demand free access to drinking water and food. It is my right! Without it, I will suffer and get sick. It is my right to remain healthy right?

Yes, I am being very very sarcastic because I am not sure where common sense went in America. Why the hell is Federal Government telling me what to buy? or pay a penalty?
OMG, this is ridiculous.

This is really sad that our legislative process has come down to transparent and in your face arm twisting of politicians to vote for an agenda and not have the best interest of the American people.

Come November, there are going to be a lot of Democrats fired over this.