View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Am I being too hopeful or did he seem like he’d be forgiving if reconciliation was on the table?

The part that interested me most was how he talked about the “factions” losing their perspective and not rising above to fulfill their destiny... what does he mean by that? I take it to mean that Stevie would rather tour/get money over pursuing creative fulfillment through an album... but that doesn’t really seem to fit with the established narrative given that no Fleetwood Mac album was on the table. Unless he is saying that they tried to suppress his artistic truth because he wanted to use this time for another album, as was reported in the press. This whole thing is so sad.
i think you are probably overthinking it. i think factions is just saying it was not the whole band but just some people who ousted him. he always talks about them staying together as a band to fulfill their destiny, raising above themselves to be better people, that kind of stuff.

this evening was so cathartic - i never in a million years thought he was gonna address FM issues tonight at that event. i'm so glad he did, and in such an amazing, eloquent, classy way.

#wearenotworthy

and he told several fans who were there that he will be releasing Best Of album and is planning the fall tour, possibly to start in August (or maybe September?). this evening was like a dream come true and clouds finally lifting!

i loved that he also talked about new opportunities.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"