View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

please Lindsey no. you are flushing your own legacy down the toilet if you do that. and you were just starting to get your name more known. and some street cred that participating on The Killers / Caution gave you. don't throw it all away.

The thing is, Lindsey would not see it as a betrayal of his own legacy. I suspect that he still believes he needs the big machine to distribute the small machine creations to the most people. We live in a DIY world and I am sure that Lindsey’s children know it, but I don’t think he does. He doesn’t know he can get exposure without FM. Even if he was beginning to catch on to this before, the pandemic has changed that. It has limited his options, because he cannot tour like he wanted.

Now, I realize that the success of the cranberry juice fellow should tell Lindsey that anybody can get millions of ears, under the right circumstances. They don’t need a big name band. He doesn’t need one and should just be happy to still have artistry to share, no matter how small his audience. I think he learned this overtime, but mortality may have caused him to go backwards.

If he did reunite, it would not be to abandon his new material. It would be to help it, the surest way he thinks he knows how.