View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love (Great lead single, provocative ooh/aahs, and strong [now dated] video)
Seven Wonders (Soaring Stevie vocal, even if not self penned - she did get a writing credit, surprised it didn't chart better)
Everywhere (likable if not recycled Christine pop song)
Caroline (justifies the exotic album cover and is intense in the drums, rhythmic beat, and howls)
Tango In The Night (mesmerizing, haunting and shimmering)
Mystified (boring, but her vocal is sweet)
Little Lies (popular appeal and incorporates all the Mac voices, exemplifies Christine's songwriting prowess)
Family Man (nonsensical, Popeye derivative of a song, however the remixed version was more tolerable)
Welcome To The Room...Sara (I do like this song but Lindsey tried to put this tribal thing on Stevie's song and it didn't altogether work. It failed worse when he tried the same thing on the Say You Will version of Smile at You. Dave Stewart did it on In Your Dreams' Wide Sargasso Sea where it did actually work.)
Isn't It Midnight (Love Christine when she rocks a little, and here she rocks a lot - a stand out track)
When I See You Again (weakest of Stevie's contributions but this song still has lots to like about it, especially the cricketish percussion and the call and response ending between her and Lindsey)
You And I, Part II (Upbeat ending to the album what could have instead been When I See You Again and the Part II suggested there was always a Part I - which shimmers beautifully itself)