View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The next album would have probably been great--and more of a breakthrough in the US than Kiln House ended up being.

However, in Green's absence, Jeremy and Danny were forced to pull together and shore up some of the front-line tough-guitar elements. I don't think Station Man would have been written had Green stayed on. Jeremy and Danny wouldn't have probably felt compelled to collaborate. Nor would Danny have probably released Tell Me All the Things You Do, which is one helluva' guitar jam. Jeremy's "Hi Ho Silver" might not have sounded as tough or rough, and Jewel Eyed Judy wouldn't have emerged, since Fleetwood and McVie would most likely not have felt the need to collaborate with Danny on it if Green were there to write and perform the lion share of the songs.

In short, Kiln House as we know it would not have existed. It--along with the White Album (1975)--is my favorite Mac record. I think it's more honest and authentic than the Stones' Exile on Main Street. It's one of Rock's unsung classics.

That said, I'm amazed Danny didn't record "Only You" in the studio.