View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know a lot of great Steviefans online. I'll still state that I am one myself, really. When I say that Tusk is the best album ever recorded by anyone, how can one keep up that I'm hostile towards Steviefans? Great steviefans, I've met some of them in person too. Livia, darklinensuit, strandinthewind, Tommer, estranged4life, and a lot more can undeline that I am not a hostile person towards Steviefans. I'm talking about onetrackminded logic, with no perspective from another angle. I mean, someone like trackaghost, who loves Stevie in a healthy-but fanlike way, would never underlines that I'm hostile.

But hey, I love statements.

Although you have been very elaborate through the years, Stew, that is not the case for me. In a lot of discussions of the past i've had the feeling that there were no responds on the point I was making, but it floated away from it. Maybe because of my nonnative english, but basicly -in my view ofcourse- because it didn't acknowleged my viewpoint. That makes me snarky, perhaps, but if something is perceived as hostile, one can also ask where it is coming from. A lot of times there's a causal explanation.

I've been on downtime over here for years because of it.

I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan who is excited about the five coming together again if they ARE really coming together again, and concoct something as a band. In these discussions I don't like to point fingers, I think all five of them are responsable if they go recording in small groups with different producers, just to sail around old pain. I don't believe in quality coming from that.

When people are defending Stevie with pointing fingers towards other bandmembers based on behaviour in the (darkbrown) past, I can get direct and pointy. That may be percieved as hostile, but please understand: I want a good FM album, not happy Steviesongs ala IYD, which I honestly find riskless and mediocre. Every steviefan that loves that album: be my guest. Just don't invite me to that party.

these discussion are about FM, not about soloalbums. We should be critical towards them. I am not so happy with Lindsey's choice to record Steviefriendly popsongs just to seduce her into a FM album. Au contraire. But it is clear that he wants to record with an open view, and with eachother. If That's not possible, he even accepts other routes where he has a minor role.

I think that stinks. And I don't believe that will lead to an interesting FM album.