View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I don't think that it has to be an either/or situation. The band members don't have to be unhappy, and they don't have to work with "yes" men (Dave Stewart is certainly not some mere "yes" man).

I also don't think that an outside producer on Stevie's songs is going to preclude Lindsey from offering input on various elements, or from bringing his unique style. His stamp is unmistakable on "Solder's Angel," for example, and yet Dave Stewart was the producer.

And if the entire band is playing on her tracks (which I have no reason to believe they wouldn't), it's still going to sound like Fleetwood Mac, even if Lindsey's not producing. (He didn't have a hand in producing the white album, and that was still pretty fantastic.)
I'm sure he had a big hand in arranging the songs though. But that's what I mean. It can't be just purely Stevie's vision in FM. The band is going to change it just by playing on it. They'll never just be side musicians to play the parts Stevie tells them to play. And they, Lindsey especially, will always have strong opinions. So I don't believe it's possible for them to make an album that's rainbows and sunshine because they all have egos and there will be conflict and tension. It's inevitable. Stevie doesn't have to deal with anybody else's ego on solo albums. If she's looking to avoid all that entirely and have another experience like IYD then she shouldn't be recording with the band. Putting Dave Stewart in the equation isn't going to magically make that happen.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-21-2014 at 04:46 PM..