View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

It was before Big Love that Lindsey says "it smells like you guys are having a pretty good time. Yeah," in response to the marijuana fumes wafting towards him.

When Stevie comes out for Without Love she says, "this is my moment!" I suppose that it's because Lindsey's family is present that she sanitizes things a bit, so that you might imagine that she and Lindsey were just chums. She doesn't mention how it's the nicest song she ever wrote about them or that she did it when they were so in love. She doesn't recall their great romance or say what a "loyal boyfriend" he was to insist that she join the band too. She refers to herself as the girl, rather than the "girlfriend."

This disappoints me, because I was thinking with that assembly, it'd be a great time to graphically explain, "Yep, in 1970 Lindsey and I were insatiable lovers hitting it on the regular," but nooooo. . .

She reaches out and grabs his collar, trying to protect his chest from the elements. He wards her off as if to say that he is fine. She says, "He never gets cold."

For Say Goodbye Lindsey reflects on being back in this place. It's their home. He and Stevie came down . . . when was it? 1972? [Stevie, who is so good with dates, doesn't respond],
Michele

Thanks for the great review! I love all the details (& humour) you include.