View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 11:41 AM
Ledgie

Wow, it had never occured to me that the song may be about Stevie, but i have to say glitter, you put up a good argument. Also, it may go a fair way to explaining why Stevie didn't want to be involved in the song (I believe she refused to sing backing vocals on it and didn't want it on the album in the first place) if she suspected (or knew?!) that it was about her.

Still the lyrics don't give a lot away - it really could be about either of them so if he wanted to say it was about the one to cover up the fact that it was actually about the other, it would be easy for him to do so. Also, Lindsey isn't very likely to come out and admit that the song is about Stevie because it would most likely promptly be the end of their reunion if Stevie found out! So if it was about Stevie, Lindsey has every reason to say that it wasn't.

On the other hand, I'm still yet to be convinced that it isn't about Anne Heche. The quote that Lori found about Anne Heche thinking she was God, would seem to explain nicely the reference to God, which was apparently, the only discrepancy.

If Lindsey says it's about her, and the shoe fits and the lyrics make sense, I would be inclined to believe that. It is good to hear such an original interpretation though. Thanks Glitter, your interpretation made a very interesting read.

Love Gem