View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My view is this. I really like the production a lot. It saves the song. If you can really call it a song. It's a just poem she clumsily turned into a song with the help of another writer/producer. Why she got it in her head that the rambling poem is great is beyond me. Anyone could of written it. Why does she still think that everything she writes is great? She loves herself too much.

The song is in the vein of Illume, Mabel Norman, You Can't Fix This and a few others. I loved the production on those songs but the bad lyrics really bother me soo much that I rarely listen to them. The lyrics don't bother me as much on this song because she states at the beginning of the song that this is just a dream, so I guess it doesn't have to make as much sense. I also like the little chorus and how the song ends. Still the song is wayyyyyy tooo long and it's clumsily written, like almost all of her later stuff. (this song was co-written but we saw the original poem so he didn't do much) It's also boring. But ok, I'm going to give this song a thumbs up because I think it makes more sense than most, the production is great and surprisingly, her voice doesn’t sound that bad. I'll also give her the benefit of the doubt because of her age.

Now for the video. It sucks. I feel like she is trying to pander to a group of people and at the end when she tells us to VOTE, I just rolled my eyes. It's a blatant attempt at trying to be relevant and it looks pretty cheap.

P.S. Maybe I'm being too hard on her. Anyone who writes a political song and comes out with a political video is trying to be relevant I guess. It is self serving though.

Last edited by Jondalar; 10-09-2020 at 08:32 AM..