View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Hmm..the question is did he do more harm than good for Peter?

Anyone around remember the threads getting removed on here when the lawyers stepped in to apparently protect Peter from Nigel? We weren't even allowed to discuss it. Think that was back in Marty's days?

For the record, I actually really liked Nigel's music. Most people seem to think he was boring but I enjoyed his splinter group stuff.
i'm terribly behind on all things green-watson in its last stages. thus i just read of a falling out between the two and an ensuing lawsuit. i know nothing about nigel having had bad intentions or doing peter any harm.

were financial things at play? was nigel accused of ripping off peter or upstageing him or pushing him too much into work?

i was certainly surprised when i saw the splinter group in concert and nigel played what originally were peter's guitar phrases and solos - and very well so. i was in front of the stage, so i saw who played what. but as the stage was rather low and the house was packed, people in the rear half of the club could see nothing more than the musicians' heads - they were absolutely convinced that peter miraculously had regained his style and playing ability from the days of old again. no wonder they were raving with thunderous applause and i'd heard some say "unbelievable - he's back on his zenith!". so i have to say nigel was a talented guitarist indeed.

anyway i'd be interested in what was to cause such a sad ending.