Thread: Sirius
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 07:59 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You realize when Christine was the guest DJ she played the Stones and explained why. Stevie may say an artist gave her inspiration or shares a memory and plays one of their songs.
They were not just random songs with no relation to the band. If you are just scanning by the channel I can see why you might think that. Before the songs a band member will explain the significance.
One of my favorite features of the last Mac channel was Christine as the DJ playing her favorite songs. I can hear Mac songs anytime. But I love to hear what gave them inspiration or an idea for a song.
People who own every deluxe version and every bootleg of FM recordings are outliers. I don't want to hear the standard versions of FM songs or any other artists songs that I've already heard a million times. I would rather hear alternate or live versions.

The last time this station was on, Christine said that she like Don Henley's "Boys of Summer". That caught me by surprise. With the exception of Joe Walsh, I've always thought of the Eagles as a one song band. After Christine's comment, I familiarized myself with Don Henley's recordings. I found out that Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, et al., did a version or "The End of the Innocence" which I absolutely love. I still think of the Eagles as a one song band.

When I was in High School, in the 70's, I could listen to a local FM station, for hours every night, without recognizing one single song. With Sirius' resources, it should be possible to avoid playing the standard versions of FM songs and especially other artists songs. I love the Rolling Stones, but I could easily go the rest of my life without hearing "I Can't Get No Satisfaciton" again.

Last edited by Kyle; 05-02-2020 at 08:18 PM..