View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You guys talking about how you want to hear what Wendy has to say... have you actually read her posts? Especially you people who joined solely to comment on this?

I have read many of her posts. They largely alternated between her attacking someone (either a member of the band or a member of the board) and posting about her personal problems. If there was ever anything actually insightful posted in the almost two years since Bob's death, it got buried in all the crap.

Plus, many of her posts contained things that were "misremembered," shall we say, and accusations that were completely unproven.

People looked the other way because she was Bob Welch's wife; they pitied her and/or wanted to interact with her because she was an "insider." Plus, many (including myself) believed it was unfair that Bob Welch wasn't inducted, so even when she went from advocating it to frothing at the mouth about it, folks didn't say anything.

Heck, even I bit my tongue. I never replied to her or said anything negative about her until this thread, but it pisses me off to see so many people give her a free pass, so I felt I had to speak up.

Handling her with kid gloves and the inevitable ass-kissing from certain members only encouraged her to get worse. Recently, she amped up her trash-talking to bile that could be considered legally slanderous, and it led to her banning.

I've been a member of this forum a long time, and I can tell you that my answer to the titular question is NO. I have no interest in hearing more ugly slander from Wendy Welch. Anybody who does, feel free to friend her on Facebook. You'll get an earful (or is it eyeful?) of it.

Have fun with that.

Note to admin and mods: kudos for having the balls to stand up to her.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-06-2014 at 07:51 PM..