View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't think so. But truth be told, I don't know what she's referencing. Were there rumours of them "not" getting along?
Most definitely. The Rolling Stone 1982 Mirage article always left that impression with me. They used that quote from Christine about getting a stuffed animal "Someone actually handed this to me, usually Stevie gets all that stuff." I always interpreted that as passive/aggressive. Stevie's management told her not to participate in the band's interview. In 1984 Chris went on the record stating they used to be close but they dont socialize anymore because Stevie created her own fairy tale world which she is not part of.
In the HBO Mirage show, I swear Chris gives Stevie side eye at the beginning of YMLF. Its almost like....can you please stay backstage and do another line. This is my song beyotch!

I dont think they had big fights (except maybe that Tango session about Everywhere) but I think Chris could see Stevie mailing it in and sucking oxygen from the band. But then again in 1982 I think they were all at each other's throats and needed a break.