View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
ahh well that is a little better than how I was perceiving it lol, still though. If you are a big enough star, don't you kind of have to expect that from fans? I mean I guess its one thing to be obnoxious about it, but if you are quietly just holding your phone up, I never got what the big deal was. Does anyone know if Lindsey is the same way? I swear I heard I story of him letting a fan take a video of him during a meet and greet of him saying hi to friends/other fans on the phone. Not too sure though...
I think the internet and the onslaught of social media has been a challenge to all the veteran artists, Lindsey included although he seemed to eventually take it in stride a lot sooner than Stevie. I remember Stevie making a comment once about not wanting to do new songs in concert before they were released for sale because they would end up on YouTube the next day. Also, she knows what her best "angles" are and she knows fans are going to post all this stuff online, and it's not something she can control. I'm sure that's a hard adjustment after you've spent 35+ years carefully crafting how your audience sees you. It seems she has come to terms with that a lot more now.