View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Thanks.

Too bad WB insisted she have three songs, though maybe that helped the album sell as well as it did.

How the band could pass up "Whole Lotta Trouble" for "Sara" and "When I See You" is beyond me.

Sounds like Stevie is on nothing but her own songs and "Little Lies." Some people seem to think she's also on "Family Man" at the 2-1/2 minute mark (I used to), but others think it's just Lindsey using effects to make it sound like her (I am now in this camp). Sounds also like Lindsey should have left her on at least "Big Love" if not others too.

As I said, this may be one time Lindsey as producer let his resentment of Stevie get the better of him. That said, he pulled gold from ashes and made a great album.
In Mick's first book he mentions Stevie brought What has rock n roll ever done for you but they preferred When I see you again.
I think Stevie wanted fresh material. However if you could go back in time, it would have been the ultimate time to bring songs like Running through the Garden, Smile at you, etc.
I think any song really would have been better than Welcome/Sara and WWISYA