View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By the time I bought this site i 2007, John had already been working with Marty on the Discography for years and he built it into something incredibly expansive.

You know that with 16 members in the band, it would be hard enough just to keep up with FM and the members' solo projects, but the Discography branches out so far beyond that. It includes FM guest appearances numbering in the hundreds of thousands. John would make entries to the database during his downtime at work.

John would buy albums from outside artists just so he could upload the liner information to the Discography.

He was so meticulous and detailed. He put more effort into the Discography than most workers do into their jobs. When I had a question he was so responsive and, if he had a question, he always gave me his research and trouble shooting ideas and a wealth of information to bring me up to speed. I just never got over his thoroughness.

He was so polite and friendly and never participated in any of the debates that flared up on the boards over the years. He was interested in the music only.

Awhile back he told me he could not work on the Discography any longer. He did not indicate why and I assumed it was job related. I didn't know it was something more serious. Before leaving, he gave me tons of notes so that someone could take up where he left off. Of course, it would be hard for anyone to fill such a void.

My condolences to you and your family Bonnie.

Michele