View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow I'm in shock. John and I spent many hours conversing via email regarding Fleetwood Mac rarities, searching for the elusive Seven Souls album, Brunning's scout album, etc. My collection of FM stuff wouldn't be half of what it is today without John.

We first got talking 8 years ago when he sent me Weston's solo albums because I couldn't afford the $255 it was going for on eBay. It kind of went from there.

He was a great source of FM knowledge, but more than that he was a passionate FM collector and didn't mind sharing his knowledge or out of print stuff with others. Together for a while we ran a blogspot page (fleetwoodmacmusic.blogspot.com I think) where I would upload stuff that John had sent me that was rare or out of print and I know that hundreds of people have stuff in their collection now that they wouldn't have without that site.

More that though, although I never met him in person, he seemed a great guy.

Sadly, perhaps, I hadn't conversed with him over the past year or two, as life got in the way, and though I often thought of dropping him a line to see how he was doing, I never did, and I guess I'll regret that now.

He was married to Bonnie if I recall correctly.

RIP my friend.