View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey everybody!! We had a GREAT time last night!! Janet and I got to NYC about 2:30 and had lunch, then met up with another friend and all arrived at BB Kings about 6:45pm. There was already a line forming outside, but not a very big one. Across the street were people lining up to view what was going on with the Obama thing. And even on the same side as BB Kings, people were lining up to get a view of the Obama thing On the corner, were 3 lines of cops just standing there like soldiers. But other than that, nothing crazy....

After standing in line only briefly, we were allowed to enter at about 7pm. Since we were now a party of 3, I got nervous as to where we'd be seated...

The front tables were all full, or if they were open, they had signs on them stating that they were "reserved." I got anxious!....

BUT, there was one table off to the left side where we sat. When we got seated and looked at the lone microphone stand looming there, we realized "oh yeah, this is just fine!!!" Every seat did have an amazing view. It was a small place, but yes you were right in saying that the tables are very tightly aligned with each other, and the seats AT the tables were also extremely tight!! We kept hitting people next to us with our elbows. We were at the front end of our table with some strangers seated at the rest of our table.

Then you were allowed to order drinks/dinner. A sign on the table said there was a $10 minimum to spend. So you HAVE to order something. We drank some and ordered a salad and app. The server announced the last call would be at 8:30pm, and that NO services would be had during the performance. This was good news -- no disturbances during Lindsey!!

When it was last call, I ordered a "double" shot of vodka in my baybreeze, and when I got the bill...holy sh*t!! That one drink was $22.00!!! The size of it and strength of alcohol was the same as any bar I go to, but 3 times the price! UGH!!

So now the good stuff...Lindsey comes out right at 9pm. And is met with lots of screams. The show was great. And you already know the setlist

Some favorite comments, other than what was posted above...was he mentioned something about his callous. I gues that it came off? And someone at the front laughed, and he said jokingly, "Why is that funny? Have you ever lost a callous?" Someone else yelled out that he was "beautiful" at one point, and me and janet of course made several remarks ourselves.

There was a woman seated at the table behind me with a huge American flag all signed. I don't know who signed it, but she said "I am a huge fan". We asked her if she was on the "Ledge" and she misunderstood and mentioned something about a Blues Cruise or something? She looked at us like we should get it, and we were like "huh?" Then she said "Wait, what did you ask me again?" And when we repeated our question, she just said "oh, no I am not." LOL. Here I thought she was one of you guys!

I did meet "Gypsy?" in the ladies room. She told me someone made a YouTube video of most of the show.

AND....I would like to let you guys know, that I borrowed a recorder from a friend and (hopefully) recorded the entirety of it!!! I don't want to promise anything, and I've sadly never uploaded anything before But if I got a decent recording and I figure out what to do with it, I will let you know!!

The show seemed so short; before I knew it, it was all over and I was left wanting more. After he came back out for the encore, he did take some things from the very front right side of the stage and he signed for people, then back to business.

Favorites of the night were definitely "Bleed To Love Her" and "Stephanie." I read about that on here, but Janet was totally surprised and blown away that he played that one! It was nice seeing that kind of reaction.

So that's the night in a nutshell...and i hope anyone going tonight has a great time! I wish i could go again!!!