View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default "Rhiannon" live these days

What's up with "Rhiannon" live these days? Although I am new to this board, I'm not new to FM's music.

Every tour that Stevie does (be it solo or FM), she does Rhiannon and each time her vocal range gets smaller. I realize that in 1975/76 she would scream and shred the **** out of her throat, which was not a good thing.

I had KIND of a glimpse of hope during "The Dance". She almost seemed to be going for the end, but then threw away with the croaky "All the same- all the same..." stuff.

For the TISL tour she basically phoned the song in- even in LA where she usually gives fantasic, energetic performances. The interesting thing is that she TOTALLY kicked ass on "Fall From Grace" (which is in the exact same key as "Rhiannon"), yet was flaccid on "Rhiannon".

I don't know.... I think she should retire the song until she can do it justice.

I saw Ann Wilson from Heart a year ago and she still blisters every note!

Whaddaya all think??? With such a huge catalog of songs, don't you think she'd rather do something that she has energy for rather than not doing "Rhiannon" well???