View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll play.

Christine:
Best: WHITE ALBUM and RUMOURS. She was flawless on these records. Everything works. Everything. Including (and especially) "Sugar Daddy" and "Oh Daddy"--two very different daddies for your consumerist pleasure. I listen to "Say You Love Me" more than any Mac song except for "The Chain." But "Honey Hi" and "Love in Store" are micro-masterpieces that I adore as well.
Worst:BEHIND THE MASK. I blame the production. However, "Save Me" is damn good, even with the dated synth flourish in the vamp.

Stevie:
Best:TUSK. She does everything right here. "Angel" kicks butt. And her long, lush folk-inspired reveries ("Storms, "Sara," and "Beautiful Child") are the perfect foil for LB's frenetic, jumpy punk explosions.
Worst:TANGO. Without question a low point. Although her songs on BTM could have been better with more imaginative, less generic production, she sounds really committed there, as if she recaptured what she'd lost.

Lindsey
Best:TUSK. There are no other songs like the title track in all of rock. And "Not That Funny," "The Ledge," "That's Alright for Me," and "Save Me a Place" are remarkable for being new and derivative at the same time. You've heard these song structures before but never in THIS way. SAY YOU WILL comes a close second, but, of course, "Go Your Own Way" rules.
Worst:TANGO. All style, little substance. "Caroline" and the title track are impressive but leave me kind of empty, as if there is no emotional core in either of them. "Big Love" is intriguing, but I prefer his acoustic version over the original. "Family Man" has great flamenco guitar, but little else of genuine substance.