View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I found a video that has part of his introduction to the song, but it's still hard to hear and the video doesn't help at all.

What I got out of it: "This is a song that I wrote about Stevie maybe ten years ago. And, uh, it's about closure - as much of the dialogue between the two of us seems to be. And I think we're still trying to find it..... (indiscernible communication with Stevie)..... Or maybe we're not, I don't know. Anyway, it's incredible that after all this time there might still be a few chapters here between these two people...... (more indiscernible communication)..... So this is a song that is special to me, because it helped me to close many many years later."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNnyHeekekM

also, on a related note: am I crazy, or didn't he originally say Say Goodbye was something he wrote in like '87 (or thereabouts) but it just needed time before it found its place on a record... now he is saying he wrote it 10 years ago?
When SYW came out, he said he wrote Say Goodbye 10 years after leaving the band. So I put it at 1997. He is mixing it up with having been released 10 years ago. Michele