View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaker3 View Post
I teeter back and forth between both of these. After I had ended my first "real" relationship, I didn't know how to be single anymore and absolutely hated it. Sleeping alone isn't my favorite. But after I had gotten over that aspect and become more comfortable with being single (and ultimately myself) I had become preceived as "snobby," which wasn't at all the case. My friends and I took pride in how we looked when we'd go out, be loud, have a blast, pictues every 15 seconds. And this morphed into the three of us (along with whatever girls we brought along) being called "the plastics" (mean girls had recently come out). Which I suppose could be intimidating. But seriously, judging people for trying to be as perfect as possible is JUST as bad as judging for someone for being less than attractive. I just have the attitude now that when it happens, it happens... just as long as it happens before I'm 30...
Believe me you can't win for losing in that regard. One can just as easily be perceived as snobby or prudish for being shy and insecure as someone who is happy and care free. But don't we all want to look our best? People can be mean spirited though b/c you may potentially have something in yourself that they lack.