View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=FierySequences;1107751]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Are flight attendants only paid for the time they're actually flying? That's surprising to me, considering there are many other hours beyond actual air-time that FA's give up their personal lives for.

Do people really suggest that 20/hr is a lot of money for an FA job? That seems pretty cheeky to me! How much do they think someone with that level of skill, responsibility, and ability to put up with heaps of total BS should be paid? It's more than I make, granted, but for a job of that nature I don't see how it could be seen as "a lot" by any standard.

People are just awful sometimes, I guess. But to an FA I suppose that's not exactly news.
What I meant to post, Dex....is YES $20.00/hr is about standard for most FA's. Possibly More for those who fly Continental (International). And You are right, it Is Not "A Lot" to put up with what We and they Do.

I am regional (domestic) only But none-the-less....but, the reality of it is (we are essentially) part-time employee's employed full-time. Yeah, so you can imagine $1500/month is NOT alot of money to support ourselves. Many ppl do not realize or think that we all live "really glamourous" lives with (FREE) flight-benefits to anywhere we please. The reality couldn't be farther from the truth, seriously!

I recently was STUCK in New Orleans Airport for 13 HOURS! trying to get home! Yeah....if my degree leads me to another "full-time" job with Health-Care, I can't say right now I'd turn it down. The life and benefits of a FA is NOT what it used to be! I wouldn't suggest it as a career path to Anyone for that matter.