View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Thanks for the recap. Lindsey is very diplomatic here. It is interesting that he does point a finger at Stevie, ultimately calling her selfish and someone with a big ego. But on the other hand he blames the business for catering to this, almost cultivating it. Lindsey is more hurt, than angry or bitter about the whole situation with FM. I do believe he wanted something more for them and their legacy. Sad it turned out differently. But for every door that closes, another one opens. I wish him the best.
Agreed. Interestingly, in the context of discussing what he "lost" by leaving Fleetwood Mac in 1987, he said, "For better or worse, these were people who were my best friends and worst enemies all at once, as groups tend to be, depending on what day you're talking about." He referred to them as "people I've known as well as anyone I've ever known, except my family growing up, people I've been through more with."

And then the real gut punch: "It's hard not to see them as my best friends, in many ways, still. And yet, there's a distance that can be hard because maybe it's me not being proactive about it. I know Mick is not that way."

Here's my question though: is it possible this is not a new interview? It seems kind of weird to me to be talking about his former bandmates this way and not addressing the fact that they aren't returning his calls anymore and fired him from the band? I know the question was specifically about him leaving back in the 80s, but Lindsey brings it to "today" when he says he "still" sees them as his best friends and contemplates calling them more. It doesn't jibe with his recent tweets.

Thoughts?