View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“I understand what you are saying. And, in the framework of especially Fleetwood Mac, if you are aware, and I suspect you are moderately aware of the history, this band has been, it is very fair to say, all about change. ... With Lindsey having departed from Fleetwood Mac and separating from the band and us from him, it doesn’t diminish the work that he has done in this band and everything is approached with respect and a sense of who we are, as well, as a band now, which is going forward with two incredibly talented gentlemen who have more than a track record that speaks very loudly, as you mentioned.
So, on Jan. 28th. Lindsey decided he wanted to separate himself from the band? Two days after Musicares, after he told fans he wanted to tour solo and with the band at the same time?

They way he was fired it certainly diminishes the work he has done in the band, at least from their perspective, not his of course.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.