View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The theories and speculation on this board are born right out of the band's statements especially Stevie Nicks. I am tired of listening to her because there is no way I believe anything she says anymore. Of course the fans should have problems with what she says. She is to be commended for always sticking by the Mac during Lindsey's first departure and Christine's departure. However her statements over the last few years project her dysfunction in the band.
Lets me be specific.
A miracle happened and Christine came back to the band. Stevie was so happy that she did the cutest thing ever. She would come out after the concerts and talk to the crowd alone just basically glowing how happy she was Christine was back. The band went on a long tour but the excitement was the possibility of getting another Rumours 5 album. Holy moly would that be exciting. Not since the 1980s this happened. We looked past this part in the beginning but Lindsey and Christine were leaking they were busy with new recordings and were excited for the world to hear them. They were shelved and the band went on tour. When the tour ended Lindsey and Christine went back into the studio in anticipating it would be a Mac album. I thought Stevie would definitely come along but she didn't. Mick gave press statements that he was not sure Stevie would join them. She didn't and gave the reason albums don't sell anymore. This was confusing because Stevie said In Your Dreams was her favorite solo album and she did not care about the music industry anymore. While Mick, John, Lindsey, and Christine worked in the studio, Stevie embarked on a solo tour. Her tour was extended twice. Since it was clear Stevie would not record with her old band, Lindsey and Christine called their album "Buckingham McVie" and went on a tour. After both tours ended, Stevie went away for several months or a much deserved rest. Lindsey gets fired. Mick and Stevie's statements are odd. Basically they state Lindsey would not tour with them. The Mac's tour does not even begin for a half year (October). WTF. Lindsey could have done an extensive solo tour by then. This time last year Lindsey was the only one in the band saying the Mac had many more tours to do and he did not understand why other band members were calling the next tour a goodbye tour.
This is not a typical way a lead guitarist and vocalist gets fired from a band. Usually substance abuse or a violent incident leads to a termination. This is even more odd because this could be the Mac's last tour. Is it really worth it to end their legacy this way?
IMHO its completely normal to speculate what the hell is going on. It makes no sense. I think its fair to say that Stevie and Lindsey do not get along. Its foolish to not bring this into the equation when discussing this action by the band. IMHO Lindsey is the reason Stevie did not record with the band. And its not logical to believe this had nothing to do with Lindsey being fired and Mike Campbell taking his place immediately.
To not speculate is not telling the truth IMHO.