View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face

It pains me to say it, but I've been a bit of a "quiet dissenter" on the Stevie front, not admitting openly that my excitement and love for her in the present tense has completely left the building. I do however put on either of the 4 awesome box sets from the White album to Mirage and enjoy the "wonderous force of nature" that her beautiful voice once was. For me now it is more about the voice than her deplorable behaviour, but for a few moments here and there she just does not sound good, I don't know what people who are singing her praises actually hear, but it makes me want to crawl under my seat when I hear that droning tone her voice has become. I have not paid to see her in concert since the Say You Will Tour which had some decent moments. To add, not recording also did it for me- I've always thought that her wonderful backlog of material that has gone unused is a big problem with her legacy. Five hugely popular songs does not a legend make. I am also against her solo career being a catalyst for the rock and roll hall of fame- the glory ended after the Wild Heart and its been really spotty at best. So yes, I still love the 25-33 version of Stevie but the rest of it in hindsight, was a steady decline to the low she's at now.